Fish and Chips super delicious a classic and a favorite. With this super fluffy batter it will be delicious. Below recipes for sauce tartare and stellar chips.
- 200 grams of flour
- 200 grams of rice flour
- 1.5 tspn baking powder
- 1.5 tspn of coconut sirop or honey
- 330ml of an amber beer
- 300ml vodka or rhum (for a tropical flavor!)
- soda siphon to fill the batter in. Important to give it more air!
- 4 filets of around 150 to 200 grams each. Take a flakey fish. Like Cod, salmon, turbot, haddock. Go for fresh fish and leave the skin on if you like that.
- 4 large potatoes (dense floury potatoes are preferred) like Golden Wonder, Maris Piper, King Edward or Sebago
- 2 - 3 liters of peanut (better) or sunflower oil for frying. When possible fry the chips in seperate fryers. Important to go for a big pan to give the fish room to swim. You might need more oil which you can reuse just filter it after use and label what you fried in it to avoid "fishy fries"
1combine the flour, sirop, vodka, beer and mix togehter until you have unified mass. Fill in the siphon and fill with gas. Put in the fridge for 1 -2 hours
2Peel the potatoes and cut fries but not to thick max 0.8 CM by 0.8 CM and length of the potatoe. Prepare the chips as shown here.
3Use seasoned flour to flour the fish(salt and flour combined to taste) to ensure the batter sticks to the fish. Fill the batter from the siphon in a large bowl.
4Heat the oil to 220 degrees celcius (check temperature). Fry the fish for around 3 - 4 minutes pending on the size. Best to get the filet to room temperature before frying. Once in the fryer after 1 minute drizzle some leftover batter over the filet to make it even more cruchy. Fry until dark golden brown
Service mushy peas if you like. A nice homemade tartare sauce or as our english friends with salt and vinegar. Enjoy as you like! Drink a nice cold beer with this or a good glas of dry champagne or white wine for exmaple a delicious Chablis.