One of my favorite tapa classics. This is version from Malaga.
- 150 grams melted butter around 40 degrees
- 3 egg yolks (53 gram eggs)
- 40 Ml white wine vinegar (approx 3 Tbspn
- 1 Dl of dry white wine or another wine of your tasting. I like to use a brut champagne (rose champagne creates a different color)
- 1 Charlotte diced)
- 25 gram of terragon leaves only finely cut
- rough ginded black pepper to taste
- 5 ml (1 tspn)
- Salt to taste
1Add the vinegar, white wine, pepper, charlotte, and a third of the terragon in a pan and reduce by 50% then filter out through a sieve and set aside
2Melt the butter and set a side ensure it is not to hot! 40 - 50 degrees is fine.
3Combine the eggyolks and vinegaer wine reduction and slowy heat in a bain marie. to max around 55 degrees (careful) This is imporant for the emulsion to start and the egg yolks and vingar dhould become and airy mixture. This take 2 -3 minutes check the temperature!!
4Take the bain marie of the stove and add a few drops of the melted butter and whisk in, then little by little add the butter and keep the mixture warm not above 55 -60 degrees as then the sauce splits.add salt and lemonjuice when wished.
5Finally add the terragon and serve. Make the sauce at the end.