A quick tropical cake with my favorite fruit... Passion Fruit.Recipe for a 26 cm spring form
- 400 grams of sieved flour
- 8 egg yolks seperated
- 8 egg whites with a pinch of salt
- 150 grams of room temperature butter
- 230 grmas of sugar as fine as possible
- Inside of 3 vanilla beans
- 10 passion fruit halved and take the pulp inside and put in a bowl
- 3 limes juiced and the zest of 2 limes. Rembember buy untreated limes if you use the zest.
- For the sirop combine 3 passionfuirts with 2 limes and 200 grams of caster sugar. Combine the sugar with 120 Ml water and stir until the sugar ant water are dissolved. Increase the heat and boil for around 5 minutes till a little sticky. Nopw add the lime juice and the passion fruit pulp and keep stirring and set a side to cool.
- Important put some baking paper at the bottom of your shape and grease the side with some oil or butter. And preheat the oven!
1Combine the flour, baking powder and sieve.
2Mix the egg yolks, sugar for around 5 minutes till thick and white. Add the butter keep mixing, add the vanilla beans.
3Fold in the flour gently. Follow by the passion fruit pulp and lime juice. Work in batches bit by bit.
4Beat the egg whites till you have soft peaks. And fold in gently to maintain the air in the egg whites till you have a unified mass. Pour into your sprin shape
5In the pre-heated oven at 180 degrees bake the bake for around 25 minutes until a cake tester comes out almost clean Remember the cake will cook cooking after you take it out of the oven. Do not over cook it. Leave to cook on a cooling rakc for around 1 hour.