Who does not like sunshine on the stove... Keep reading :). Delicious fish stew who does not like this with a light spice and lots of color.
- 2 large onions finely sliced lengthwise
- 5 medium potatoes in chunks or thick slices
- 4 cloves garlic
- 300 grams of broccoli in small chunks
- 1 Courgette sliced and quartered
- 2 tspn dried oregano
- 2 tbspn capers
- 1 Lemon - finely grated lemon zest
- 500 grams of fresh tomatoes roughly chopped
- One red pepper diced
- Chili flakes to taste (go slow)
- 500 grams or more :) Cod or another well structured meaty white fish
- 150 Ml Olive Oil
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes
- 1 liter of good quality chicken or beef stock
- Salt and black pepper to taste. Remember to salt the fish! Remember how much salt you put in!
- Roughly chopped bunch of basil and oregano
- 1 Nice loaf of crunchy bread for dipping or fries, potatoes or rice
- Ideas for other chunky white fish i.e. Grouper, monkfish, turbot Optional: Add 2 - 3 filets of ansjofish filets to add this ocean like salty flavor. When used add less salt.
1Heat the olive oil, add the onions and fry for 5 minutes untill translucent, add the garlic, fry for 5 minutes and add the tomatoes, and diced pepper. Add the dried herbs and spices not the fresh herbs!. Now add the stock, half the chopped basil and oregano. Add the potatoes and cook for around 20 minutes. and let boil with a closed to top to ensure the potaotes are 90 percent cooked.
2Once the above is ready steam the fish on top of the "stew" close the pot and cook for approx. 10 minutes depending on the size of the fish.
Serve with chunky bread and a dollop of Pesto!