Falafel time baby. Delicious and almost light and full of flavor and texture. Delicious moist and light falafel.
- 1 large onion cut in big chunks
- 20 grams fresh cilantro
- 20 grams fresh parslay
- 20 grams of fresh dill
- 8 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1.5 Tbspn cumin
- 1 Tbspn blackpepper
- 1 Tbspn coriander
- optional: 2 tspn of ground cardamon
- 2 Tbspn roasted sesame seeds
- 1 tspn or more of a little fresh chili or cayenne pepper
- 2 tspn baking soda (makes it fluffy)
- 2 Tbpsn of chickpea flour(Garbanzo beans)
- 1 tspn salt or more to taste. Be careful with salt!
- 400 grams of "post" dried chickpeas soaked atleast 24 hours in water with some bakingsoda (around 1 tspn) this helps to soften the skin. You can speed this up by briefly bringing the weater to the boil for 10 minutes and then let it cool down with the baking soda in it
- Optional 2 Zest of 2 Lemons - finely grated lemon zest and some ofthe juice to give it a lemon med style touch. Is absolutly brilliant
- thinly schredded red cabage
- 3 cubed ripe tomatoes
- Grated Carots
- half a diced cucumber
- salty pickles or normal ones sliced
- drizzle with tahini sauce (see below)
- chopped coriander (cilantro)
- fresh made hummus
- 5 Tbspn of Tahini
- 1 Lemon juice or 3 limes
- 2-3 cloves of garlic crushed
- Cayenne pepper to taste (or aleppo pepper (milder))
- 1 Bunch chopped parsley (Loved in Egypt)
- 200 ml water and 0.1 tspn of agar agar to give the sauce a little more vicosity
- Add Salt to taste Optional: Instead of parsley take mint or dill
Ingredients - Toppings
Ingredients - Tahini Sauce
1Get your food processor out and mix first the chick peas for a few pulses and then add all the other ingredients for the hummus. Put in a container and put in the fridge ideally leave this over night.
2For the tahini sauce. Add the tahini, lemon juice and garlic together and mix in the food precessor till a fine majnaise like substance "appears". Cook the water with the agar agar. Let cool a little and add to the mixture. Add the chopped herbs.
3Frying the hummus: Important hot fat to around 175 - 180 degrees. Use sunflower or peanut oil. Keep sure the temperature stays high otherwise the hummus balls fall apart. Shape them with an icecream scoper or spoon. Press them compact. Fry themfor around 2 - 3 minutes till dark brown. Alternatively do this in the oven but make them as flat patties on a baking sheet at 180 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes.
Serve in libanese style flat breads, pita's, or any bread you like or just on it's own with a healthy salad<. So delicious/p>